Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Honesty of a Three Year Old

This morning Tanner was playing with his toys in the living room and I had turned PBS on. Curious George had been playing and Tanner was entertaining himself with his coloring books. A few minutues later, Tanner comes looking for me. With a speed and enthusiasm which only Tanner can manage, he starts describing a new show that had just come on. After a big presentation, he stops and calmly asks me "Is that a nice show Mom?" Trying not to laugh over the sudden seriousness of his question I asked him if he needed me to come and see if it was a "nice show" or not. Pulling me by the hand, I go "check" the show and give him my approval. Happily, he goes back to his coloring/show watching. I couldn't help but be proud of him since there are shows that we say are "not a nice show". He could have continued watching and never questioned it, but he wanted to make sure I thought it was okay. Of course, on PBS there wasn't anything to worry about.

No comments: